About Van Wagner
We are a leading full-service advertising and entertainment agency. We work with the biggest names in Sports and Fortune 500 companies, providing deep expertise in sales, marketing, content creation, event production, activation, and more.
Van Wagner has been connecting brands to sports for decades. When we first entered the sports landscape, we used our creativity and expertise to develop unique advertising and marketing opportunities for brands to reach millions of sports fans at live events. As the world’s leaders in TV-visible signage, our Dorna team positions brands in the heart of the action, selling high-impact, visible signage behind Homeplate, courtside, and along fields of play across more than 500 professional and collegiate sports teams across the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAA, MLS, and International Soccer.
As industry leaders and innovators within sport presentation and video board production, Van Wagner’s Productions team has developed, produced, and directed in-stadium shows for nearly every major event in sports. We work with the highest profile leagues, teams, and venues in the world, including the NFL Super Bowl, Olympic Games, Formula 1, NCAA Championships, US Open Tennis, Kentucky Derby, NHL All-Star Game & Winter Classic, and MLB Field of Dreams, to name a few.
About this Role
The Broadcast Control Center Engineer will oversee all technical operations for Van Wagner’s Broadcast Control Center in Raleigh, NC. Our new Broadcast Control Center is an expansive, full-service, remote production hub, designed with cutting-edge technology and backed by a talented team of producers, engineers, editors, and operators to provide broadcast production solutions for our clients.
We’re looking for self-starters who are driven, team-oriented, never shy away from a challenge, and have a can-do attitude, to join our fast-growing team. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading sports and broadcast properties. This is not a travel position and requires that you have a flexible schedule.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the day-to-day technical operation of Van Wagner’s Broadcast Control Center in Raleigh, NC.
- Maintain all technical systems in the Broadcast Control Center, working closely with vendors and manufacturers to ensure optimal operation of all systems.
- Plan both on-site and BCC technical operations for all REMI productions utilizing the Broadcast Control Center.
- Manage the inbound and outbound equipment being shipped to and from remote sites, collaborating with the rest of the technical operations team to ensure that equipment is accounted for and organized.
- Collaborate with the technical operations team on workflow improvements and project execution.
- Interface with Van Wagner business development team and clients as needed to understand all technical requirements of projects to assist with guidance and planning.
- Work with the technical operations team to assist in the development of annual capital budgets for continued improvements to the Broadcast Control Center and associated broadcast systems.
- Develop and facilitate maintenance schedules for all broadcast equipment.
What We’re Looking for:
- Experience planning and delivering REMI broadcast productions.
- 10+ Years’ experience in the broadcast industry with a focus on sports and live entertainment
- High proficiency in all broadcast technical systems, especially those utilized in REMI productions.
- The ability to design, install, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and/or repair television broadcast equipment.
- Knowledge of signal acquisition and distribution workflows utilizing a plethora of mediums e.g., Satellite, Fiber, EPL, MPLS, Public Internet, and others
- Understanding of signal encoding and decoding utilizing various platforms and standards, e.g., I.e., JPEG-2000, JPEG-XS, H264, HEVC, H265, MPEG-4, SRT, RTMP, RIST, WebRTC & others
- Experience working in both IP and baseband broadcast facilities.
- An individual with a deep understanding of product offerings and equipment from the following manufacturers: Evertz, Ross Video, Imagine Communications, Riedel Communications, Calrec, Netgear, Cisco, Haivision, TVU, LiveU, Unity Intercom, and others.
- Strong focus on high-quality service and support
- Ready to apply governance and change management processes to continual improvement.
- Thrives in the environment of high-availability 7/24/365 broadcast origination.
- Agile and able to adjust priorities to meet the demands of potentially conflicting projects.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and motivational skills
- Proficient in Windows, Mac, and Linux Operating Systems
Why Van Wagner May Be Right for You:
- An unmatched culture within our organization that focuses on building trust with our clients, team members, and partners through a people-first approach that delivers business results.
- Competitive salary and paid time off.
- Outstanding benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, life insurance).